Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Advisory Committee Member: Sharon Bowles




from Sharon

My name is Sharon Bowles and I work in the Finance Department. As the parent of three very active children, life can get very hectic. Rather than just being a spectator at all of their sporting events, I felt it was time to become a participator and take charge of my own physical and emotional wellness. I joined a gym with a friend and we go work out at least three times a week. Knowing several "Breast Cancer Survivors", I feel it is important to support the cause. For the past five years a group of friends get together and we do a 5k or 10k walk to raise money for breast cancer awareness. Last year our group increased from 6 to 17 walkers. That just shows that the desire for wellness can be contagious!

No comments:

Post a Comment