Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Advisory Committee Member: David Bramlish



from David

My name is David Bramlish and I have been a Hospice volunteer for 13 years. I have spent that time assisting patients and their families and helping them with family issues and grief support. I also have worked with children in a grief support role. While my time at Hospice has at times been difficult, I have learned a great deal about the power of the human spirit. I have had wonderful, uplifting conversations with young children who had just lost a grandparent. I have been with patients in their final hours. Never has the human spirit been so strong at such a difficult time.

At 47 I am starting to arrive at some milestones. With 50 around the corner I am happy to say I just earned a black belt in tae kwon do. I also feel I am working towards being in the best shape of my life. I am rarely sick and make a point to eat the best foods that I can and exercise any chance I get. I'm not perfect, but I try to stick to a steady balance of work and play.

I plan on living the Vital Nation way, making sure that I am committed to spreading the word to others to help make a change in the way we age. It is very exciting to watch this important lifestyle change at St Leonard and I look forward to participating in their many activities with residents and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment