Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Advisory Committee Leadership: Tim Dressman CEO



from Tim Dressman

A few years ago, I attended a session at a trade conference entitled “The Perfect Storm”. I thought I was going to hear about what was perfect in long term care and senior housing. The reimbursement and regulatory environment was already very challenging and seemed to be getting worse. So I needed some positive reinforcement. What I received, as the saying goes, is what God needed me to see and not want I wanted. The session was an eye opener for me regarding the impending wave of seniors and the needs they would have when coming to a retirement community. How would the current staffing model ever be able to provide for such a large group? Well, that is how I met Bill Witte the first time and was introduced to the Vita Life concept and his dreams for the future, personally and professionally. It was a wellness moment for me in that we became friends, shared ideas, and engendered hope that this vision could make a dramatic impact on the way we age and our quality of life. I am ecstatic that this vision is finally becoming reality as we begin to pilot the Vita Life Community, which will transform the later years of our lives. Our intrinsic worth and vitality should never be measured only by what we did or achieved during our working lives. Productivity does not have to end at 65. Wellness is a personal journey that never ends but creates a peace of mind when one can honestly say he or she is happy in every area of life regardless of physical frailty, age, position, IQ, profession, education. God loves us for who we are and not what we do or don’t do or have or don’t have. This is what I hope for in my later years which begin now.


No comments:

Post a Comment