Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Advisory Committee Member: Margie Houck





from Margie




My name is Margie Houck and I work in the security Department. I came to St. Leonard 15 yrs. ago after working as a LPN in various Health Care settings for many years. I love people and thought this would be a wonderful place for me.

My family is the most important gift I have been given and I have found the residents and fellow employees to be an extension of my family. I was raised on good home cooked food. Nothing was done where there was not a full course meal – home cooked! This is a habit that I have worked on for years to change. I think that this Vital Life Community will give us the group support we need to help us all make changes.

I am an active Community volunteer and believe what you give you get back. I have spent my life working and teaching children and the fulfillment is unbelievable.

I try to live by the following daily:


Smile and laugh

Find a silent moment to reflect the moment

Give the gift of listening


Get a good night’s sleep


Exercise in some way


Try to have a balanced diet


Hold God close to your heart and pray


Forgive………don’t hold a grudge


Last, hold your friend close – touch them often and cherish your family and tell them daily you love them. Life would be nothing without them.


No comments:

Post a Comment