Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Advisory Committee Member: Joanna Bentley


from Joanna

I am Joanna Bentley and I serve as the Independent Living Wellness Program Coordinator for St. Leonard. Working with the senior population has inspired me to take care of myself so that as I age I can do so at my optimal level. I want to be the 90 year old who is taking bellydancing classes.

In my personal life, I have two small children at home and try to strive for wellness each day in our lives. I want my children to grow up to be the healthist adults they can be. I know that if I do not take care of myself, then my children will suffer. I want to be able to play outside with them. I want to live as long as possible to be able to play with my great grandchildren and maybe even great, great grandchildren. I try to take small steps each day to work toward my wellness. It may be that today I am going to work on some artwork, strive to eat more vegetables and fewer sweets, read a few chapters in a book, or I might take a walk to the park in my neighborhood with my children. It does not have to be a drastic change. If I have a bad day and cannot quite achieve the level of wellness that I was looking for within that day, I do not give up; I can always regroup and try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment