Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Virtual Team Brain Storm: Brain Teaser!


It still doesn’t look much look or feel like Winter. Do you think we will have a White Christmas? I hope so!


This will be our last holiday brain teaser before Christmas. Let me know how you do! There are a few hints below the brain teaser if you need help.

My father gave me a brain teaser with two groups of words missing. The four words in each group are anagrams of each other. I've solved the first group, but I'm stuck on the second group. Can you help?

Time to decorate the Christmas tree! Putting up the lights was my job, but after that it was time to ENLIST some help. While the kids were busy adding TINSEL, I put on some music to LISTEN to; my favourite song is "SILENT Night".

After we finished decorating the Christmas tree, I hung the stockings on the __1__. Feeling a chill, I looked down and had to __2__ my __3__ lapse; the fire was out. I threw on my __4__ and stepped out into the cold night to gather some firewood. Upon my return, we were soon roasting chestnuts and sipping eggnog to complete a wonderful evening.
Hint

Here are definitions of the missing words:

1. a shelf above a fireplace

2. to express sorrow

3. relating to the mind

4. a cloak


Kelly Lance
Team Captain



                     










I would like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings for the New Year. May the Hope & Joy of God’s gift fill your hearts this Christmas. -Kelly

Answer


1. mantel

2. lament

3. mental

4. mantle







No comments:

Post a Comment