Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Team Franciscan Center: A Nutritional Fall Cleaning


Dr. Jack Harless
The Franciscan Center Manager





Recently, my wife & I decided to try to do a fall cleaning of sorts. We decided to try a nutritional purification program, a sort of internal cleaning of the body to clear out all of the toxicity & deficiency that tends to accumulate over time.

This would certainly fall under our Vital Life Nutritional Ecosystem, and it’s something that can often be overlooked. I know for me, eating can become monotonous & repetitive. I get used to eating in a certain way because I have done it that way for a long time, & I can eating unconsciously, without being very mindful of how & what I eat, & whether it is helping me move towards more fun & function, or frailty & failure.

What the purification program has allowed me to do, is to take inventory of some of the choices I have been making, and see if I really want to continue to make those choices. Some of those choices are not as healthy (and lead to toxicity & deficiency) I have discarded, & some of them that lead to purity & sufficiency I have kept.

The real value of having done this internal cleanse is that many of the cravings that I had are now gone. My taste buds have literally changed. It’s funny that I often think about the external environment & the toxicity that exists there, but less about the same toxicity that exists in my own internal environment, my body. I’ve also become more aware of some food allergies that I just kind of got used to & lived with.

It’s important to remember that any significant dietary change should be done under the supervision of a physician. What I would recommend is checking out our Nutritional Wellness Starting Point packet that can be found at any of the kiosks around campus. I have used this tool throughout this process & it is, in fact, how I became aware of a couple of the food allergies I mentioned earlier.

As we move toward the winter & we evaluate our changing needs, please consider your nutritional wellness as well & use the Nutritional Wellness Starting Point to move into greater fun & function with this important ecosystem, even during the winter season!

No comments:

Post a Comment