Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Starting Point #2: Physical Dimension of Wellness

Fitness Questions to Ask Your Doctor

Before You Begin Your Fitness Program


Before beginning an exercise program take this list with you to your doctor to determine how you should begin your fitness program

Name________________________________________________Date: _____________


Questions


Basic Questions


Yes


No


Can I exercise?



Do I need special tests before I begin?



Should I hire a personal trainer?



Do I need a special diet to exercise?



Specific Questions

What exercises should I avoid?

How often should I exercise?

How long should I exercise?

What should my target heart rate be when exercising?

On a scale of 6-20 what should my Borg scale be?

Medical

Will exercising impact my medicine and dosage?

Will I need to change the time of my medications?

Precautions

When should I never exercise

What should I look for to determine if I am over-training

Should I only exercise with supervision

No comments:

Post a Comment