Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Team Memory Savers: Sharing our Lives!


Each of us has accumulated a lifetime of memories as we share our lives with our loved ones, our family and friends, and are continuously making more memories each and every day.

We celebrate, we laugh, we cry in joy and sorrow, and yet these memories we hang onto for they are so dear to each and every one of us.

Some of us want to share our memories with others. There are several people writing down their memories in memoir books, others are taking pictures and putting them into albums, but whatever method we use, we want to preserve these memories for future reference.

I have found that my memories are best expressed in video so my friends/family can see me and hear me as I recollect the special moments in my life.

We find that reliving these memories have helped in our wellness along the way. By recalling these memories, we help our emotional wellness. It may be in the form of reliving a time of our lives when we went thru a difficult period or it may be a time of abundant joy. I have experienced both of these feelings as I have gone back and recorded some of my memories.

I have also found myself becoming more active because of my interaction with my memories and also with the interaction of the people I have met and worked with at St Leonard.

Memories – Don’t let them fade and become stale. If you need some help to record your memories, I would be happy to help you do your own video recording.

Gene and Sharon Howell have created Memory Savers to video record memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment