Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting Point # 36: Questions to Ask about Vocational Wellness

Vocational Wellness Questions to Ask Your Medical Team, Mentor, Human Resource Representative, Career Counselor, or Clergy

Name___________________________________________Date: ________________


Vocational Wellness


Basic Questions


Yes


No

Notes

Why following the right career path important?



Is finding the right career path important for my optimal well-being?



If I am not happy with my current job do I have a problem with my vocational wellness?



Is it healthy to settle for career choices until my preferred choice becomes available? How long should I wait?



Specific Questions

Notes

What skills do I list for career/volunteer placement?

Should I list knowledge and skills that I have learned informally?

How can I find out what assistive devices are available to me so that I can work/volunteer, and who is responsible for payment?

What are my rights as an employee or volunteer?

What does workplace ethics and transparency mean?

What does workplace violence mean?

Medical

Does vocational wellness improve overall health?

How do I know when I have work related stress?

Vocational Potential

Does my tangible and intangible compensation match or support my talent and passion?

Who will benefit from my career goals?

Should I go back to school?

How can I make my vocational wellness lifelong?


No comments:

Post a Comment