Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

Team Spiritual Care: Keep our Earthly Garden Clean

Sister Kateri Theriault

Monday, April 22EASTER WEEKDAY; EARTH DAY


“Whose garden was this? / It must have been lovely. / Did it have flowers? / I’ve seen pictures of flowers, / And I’d love to have smelled one. / Ah! Tell me again, I need to know: / The forest had trees, the meadows were green, / The oceans were blue and birds really flew, / Can you swear that was true?” Folksinger Tom Paxton wrote these lyrics for the first Earth Day, 43 years ago, and they were made popular by John Denver. Do those times and names sound merely nostalgic? Do the words sound simplistic? Sentimental? Old-fashioned? On the contrary, they are as urgent as “love one another,” “love your neighbor as yourself,” and “follow me.”

TODAY’S READINGS: Acts 11:1-18; John 10:1-10 (first choice) (279)
“Whoever enters through me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture.”

CONTRIBUTORS

Alice Camille, Daniel Grippo, Father Larry Janowski, O.F.M., Ann O’Connor, Siobhán O’Neill, Joel Schorn, Patrice J. Tuohy, Sister Julie Vieira, I.H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment