Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Team Spiritual Care: Letting Go



Sister Kateri Theriault Mission Integration


John 5:1-16 "I Have No One To Put Me In The Pool."


In today's scripture story we are told of a man sitting near a pool waiting for the water to move. He has waited for many days to enter the pool and be cured. Others outrun him. He feels alone - ignored by all who pass him by. "Will somebody please help me?" No one responds to his cries for help. Jesus comes along, sees the man and asks a simple question: "Do you want to be well?" "Sir I have no one to help me." Jesus says to him, "Rise, take up your mat and walk."

Prayer: Lord, your commandment of love is so simple and yet very challenging. Help me to let go of my pride when I see another in need. Help me to be the instrument of peace and encouragement for others to pick up their mat in whatever form this might be in their life. I want only to live the way you ask me to live. I ask all of this through Jesus, who stands at my side today and always. Amen.

http://www.stleonard.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment